The Accountant will provide support to the finance manager, senior accountant, and management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks，including but not limited to completing basic bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable, and preparing financial documents, maintaining reports, and accounting duties for the company. The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in accounting and bookkeeping. CPA is preferred.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing day-to-day transactions and basic bookkeeping for a small size company, including AP, AR, payroll, bank reconciliation
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, completing financial reports on a regular basis to provide information to the finance team
- Coordinating internal and external audits when necessary
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements for internal reporting
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts
- Strong Bookkeeping & Data Entry Experiences; preferably in small size financial service organizations
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and MYOB;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Excellent time management and organization skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Drive, energy and initiative
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
Desirable Experience and/or Qualifications
- 2-3 years working experience in Accounting, Bookkeeping and Balance Sheet Account Preparation is highly preferred
- A tertiary degree or certificate in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related category, and CPA candidate preferred
- Preferred candidate will have sound knowledge in Corporate Tax
- Great learner and excellent communication skills
- The ability to work both well in a team and autonomously
Who is BMY Group?
Founded in 2009, with headquarters in Melbourne and a second office in Sydney housing our 30 team members, BMY Group is dedicated to providing first-class financial and investment news, information and analysis to local and overseas Chinese Investors for Australian markets. We now offer business and finance news and analysis across multiple platforms, with multimedia content, wealth management, and corporate advisory services to High-Net-Worth Individuals (HNWIs), Institutional Investors and enterprises through its subsidiaries: BMYG Media and BMYG Capital.
Currently, our main business covers three main areas:
- Wealth and funds management;
- Corporate advisory; and
- Financial Media.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org